Thursday, December 21, 2006

Non-political ramblings.....

If you have not seen Google's new sketchup it is awesome! It is an easy-to-learn, yet powerful, 3D modeling tool. I was quickly building models and "sculptures" with my daughter (who is eight). She has it mastered; I'm trying to catch up.

I bough the Barenaked Ladies latest album on USB drive. What a fantastic concept; I hope this trend will continue and be adopted by more bands. Basically I buy a 256MB thumb-drive pre-loaded with 29 tracks and bonus material. I am free to do what I want with the MP3 tracks; no copy restrictions to worry about. No, I will not give you the tracks, but I will be putting them on my laptop, my MP3 player, my desktop at work, and the PC at home. If you want me to buy music, this is how I want it. By the way, it is the first music I have bought in several years. I'll buy more if it comes in this format.

Some really cool art.... Too bad it is in the UK, or I'd try to buy some.

This site is in french, and somewhere on it is an amazing video. These guys defy gravity. I am always in awe of physical feats that are well beyond my abilities. I'll post the video if I can find it....

No comments: